.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

My Cat Emmy

I remember the first day that I got my cat Emmy.  My mother and I were looking around Pets Mart and we both spotted her in one of the cages in the back.  It was pet adoption Satrurday, and my mom promised me I could get a pet.  Emmy was small, only a few weeks old, and she was this cute ball of gray fluff.  I knew I had to have her from the second I saw her.  We brought her home and she instantly became a part of the family.  After about five years of having her, a tragedy happened.  I came home sick from Highschool one day and couldn't find Emmy anywhere.  I was nervous because anytime anyone came in the door she would run up and rub against their legs.  Just as I was about to call my mom, I heard a soft wimper coming from outside my back door.  I ran to the door, knowing it was Emmy.  As I opened the door, I immediately burst into tears.  As Emmy limped in through the door,  I could see her back left leg , which was aparemtly broken, just hanging on by a thin layer of skin.  She was bleeding everywhere, and was in horrible pain.  I ran to the phone and called my mom.  She said she would be home as soon as she could and would take Emmy to the vet.  I was scared that I was going to lose my cat, and friend.  I sat on the floor next to Emmy, trying to comfort her.  Even though she was in such pain, she slowly eased her way on my lap, andstayed there until my mom got home.  The Vet ended up amputating her leg.  Now, a couple years later, Emmy is as happy as a clam.  Even with three legs, she flies through the house as fast as can be everytime I come through the door.